cream cheese crust:
2 cups all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup (4 ounces) cold cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup blackberry jam (or any jam/jelly flavor of your choice)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the cold cubs of butter and cream cheese and cut in with a pastry knife or your fingers until a fine crumble is made.
4. Add the vinegar and gently work together, until a dough just comes together.
5. Form the dough into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
6. Once the dough has chilled, roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick.
7. Cut 24, 2 1/2 inch fluted circles from the dough and fill half with a small amount peanut butter and jelly.
8. Whisk together the egg and cream.
9. Brush the perimeter of each hand pie with the egg wash and place the non-filled pie crusts over each filled crusts and gently press together to seal. Brush the tops with egg wash.
10. Using a pairing knife, cut 3 small slits on the tops of each hand pie.
11. Place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 to 15minutes or until golden brown.
12. Allow the pb&j pie sticks to cool completely on a cooling rack. Serve.