Hi All! Hope everyone’s having a great week! Teri and I just got back from a quick little trip and we’re exhausted….but more on that to come I love to travel, whether I’m going around the world or hoping in the car for a speedy road trip, I’m pretty much down for it all. The only problem, I’m constantly shoving decadent, rich, sweet, luscious things in my mouth (no self control, people…absolutely none) the whole trip that I usually come home 5-8 lbs heavier. This would be totally fine with me if I didn’t actually feel like I had gained the rapid weight which then automatically makes me feel sluggish and grumpy….toxic combo. So whenever I get home, I usually spend a few days “detoxing”. This is one of those snacks I consider to be a “trip detox” snack. Quick, easy, delicious, fulfilling. Yum. Even if you’re not “detoxing” from a trip this is a really great snack to have at anytime, or a great hors d’oeuvre to serve at a cocktail/dinner party. Try it this weekend! Do it, Do it, Do it! Or don’t….but I’d be a happy camper if you did. Enjoy!
Roasted and Stuffed Baby Eggplants
12 baby eggplants
4 ounces goat cheese, slightly softened
2 tablespoons minced sundried tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 thyme sprig, minced
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle of (fruity) extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Score the bottoms of each eggplant with an “X”, about halfway through. Set aside.
3. Place the goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, garlic, and thyme into a small bowl and mix together. Place filling into a piping bag or re-sealable plastic bag and cut the tip.
4. Push the tip into the “butt” of each eggplant and fill.
5. Place stuffed eggplants onto a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Roast eggplants for about 20 minutes or until flesh has softened.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve. *These go great with a side of simple marinara!